Descendants of John Wesley Arnold
This lineage is being researched by Vickie Travis. You can email her by clicking on the email address given below:
1. John Wesley Arnold was born 06 Sep 1845 in Cleveland, Ohio; died 21 Aug 1929 at 2625 N. Broadway, Los Angeles, Los Angeles County, California. He was the son of Joel Arnold and Elizabeth Mary Warbuton. He married Sacarissa Bowman 20 Oct 1869 in Mahoning County, Ohio, the Salem area with Rev. W. B. Maxwell officiating. She was the daughter of A. H. and Louise Bowman. The 1880 census for Mahoning County has the couple living in Smithfield Twp. with three children. The entire extract is given below:
134/134 Arnold, John, w, m, 34, harness maker, father born Michigan, mother born England
Sacharissa, w, f, 32, wife, keeping house, father born Ohio, mother born Pennsylvania
Burrous, w, m, 10, son, at school, father born Ohio, mother born Ohio
Emer, w, m, 8, son
Frank, w, m, 4, son
The children of John W. Arnold and Sacarissa Bowman are
i. Burrous Clarke Arnold, born 31 Jul 1870 in Mahoning County, Ohio; died 01 Apr 1946 in Los Angeles, Los Angeles County, California; married (1) Caroline Wyatt on 12 Oct 1892 in Los Angeles, Los Angeles County, California; married (2) Florence Amelia Green on 21 Apr 1901 in Arizona (married 25 years, 2 months, 4 days; married (3) Mary Louise Phillips on 20 Oct 1927, in Claremont, California.
ii. Emmer Bowman Arnold, born 13 Oct 1871; died 1944; married Mercedes Espinosa on 12 Jul 1907.
iii. Frank Norman Arnold, born 15 Feb 1876 in Mahoning County, Ohio, probably Smith Twp.; married Edith Rogers on 04 Apr 1910.
iv. John Wesley Arnold, born 23 Jul 1882 in Santa Anna, California (??).
v. John E. Arnold, born 23 Jul 1882 in Santa Anna, California (??).
Generation No. 2
2. Joel Arnold, was born 15 Jun 1822. He was the son of Nathan Arnold and Edith Cole. He married Elizabeth Mary Warbuton on 04 Dec 1843. According to the 1880 census extract in Mahoning County, Joel was born in Michigan and Elizabeth was born in England.
3. Elizabeth Mary Warbuton Arnold.
The children of Joel and Mary Arnold are
i. John Wesley Arnold, born 06 Sep 1845, in Cleveland, Cuyahoga County, Ohio; died 21 Aug 1929 at 2625 N. Boradway, Los Angeles, California; married Sacarissa Bowman on 20 Oct 1869 in Mahoning County, Ohio, the Salem area by Rev. W. B. Maxwell officiating.
ii. Mary Elizabeth Arnold, born 08 Sep 1849, in Cleveland, Cuyahoga County, Ohio; died 15 May 1921, in Fullerton, Calif.l internment in Oak Hill Cemetery, next to Franklin and Lucy in Escondido, California; married Franklin Tyler Sherwin in 1871 in Cleveland, Ohio.
Generation No. 3
4. Nathan Arnold, born 6 Sep 1792. He was the son of Elijah Arnold and Elizabeth. He married Edith Cole.
5. Edith Cole, born 22 Aug 1799. She was the daughter of Benjamin Cole and Rebecca.
The children of Nathan and Edith Arnold are
i. Almira Arnold, born 04 Aug 1818; married Charles Tilden on 04 Nov 1840.
ii. Joel Arnold, born 15 Jun 1822; married Elizabeth Mary Warbuton on 04 Dec 1843.
iii. Samuel Arnold, born 19 Mar 1820; married Roxanne Roberts on 22 Oct 1851, in Eaton, Michigan.
iv. Olive Arnold, born 27 Apr 1824; married Horace B. Field on 01 Oct 1848.
v. Truman Arnold, born 10 Oct 1826; married Sarah Card.
vi. George Arnold, born 17 May 1829.
vii. Seth Arnold, born 10 Jul 1831; married Mary.
viii. Eliza Arnold, born 05 Nov 1833.
ix. Duncan Arnold, born 29 Sep 1834.
Generation No. 4
8. Elijah Arnold, born 1770 in England. He married Elizabeth.
The children of Elijah and Elizabeth Arnold are
i. Nathan Arnold, born 06 Sep 1792; married Edith Cole.
ii. Clarence Arnold.
iii. Simon Arnold.
iv. Linus Arnold.
v. Almira Arnold.
vi. Ira Arnold.
vii. Seth Arnold.
10. Benjamin Cole, born 1761; married Rebecca.
The children of Benjamin and Rebecca Cole are
i. Edith Cole, born 22 Aug 1799; married Nathan Arnold.