How to Create and Configure your Report to put it on this web site.
(For Brothers Keeper for Windows)
- Enter the program.
the first individual you wish to show.
- Note their name of BK number.
- Go to
Descendant, Register Book, and enter name and number of first individual. Press
- Change # of Individuals temporarily to 15 or so.
- Do a preview to
determine how many generations you can go before you get to the 1920's. What we
are trying to determine here is how many generations we can go before we get
into a generation where there might still be living individuals. On the
Internet, we try to avoid showing living individuals, as release of their
information on as public a forum as the Internet could be upsetting to some
people! Make note of this number, and exit the preview.
- Now, back in the
Report screen, under page setup, change the number of generations to the number
of the last generation before you started to find living people.
- Under Page
setup, make your settings as follows:
- Print Todays Date (No X)
Alphabetic Index (No X)
- Page Numbers (None)
- Use Modified Register System (NO
- If Multiple Spouses, Show which spouse produced which children (X)
Lineage from each back to starting individual (No X)
- Set all Margins to
0" except Right = 1"
- Now click on the "Fields to Include"
Set as follows:
- Show Baptized: Date and location (X)
- Show Buried: Date and
- Show Other: Date and Location (X)
- Show Ref: (X) - Show
- Show Married Other: Date and location (X)
- Leave all other
- Now click on the "Messages/Names" Set as follows:
- Message Lines: (No Messages)
- Spouse's Messages: (No Spouse's Messages)
Print Names: (No)
- Children's Names: (Whole Names)
- Label Generations: (2nd,
- Now Finally click on "RTF Options" Set as follows:
- Ami Pro or
Word Pro (X)
- Endnotes with no duplicates (X)
- * Save options (Doing so will
prevent you from going through all this setup again should you make an error and
have to do it over!)
- Now, if you wish, you may do another preview, or else go to
the following step!
- Go to File, click on "Create RTF File", Enter a
filename in filename/rtf format, suggest the family name or an abbreviation
thereof for the "Filename" part. Make sure the extension is simply
- BK5 will produce the RTF file that I need to place your family on this web
- Zip the resulting RTF file, and forward to Youngstown
Genealogy Website. I will take it from there, converting it into ASCII text, then putting it on
this site referenced to your email
- Final Note: John Steed doesn't produce disabled software. However, as
an inducement to register, the program will not produce RTF files, without
entering a temporary password that lasts for the present session only. To do
this, go to Help, Enter Registration Number, Reg# 1234, Password 2468, enter
your name, then echo back the number requested. This will enable all registered
user functions for the session. If you then go back to RTF it will function till
you exit the program. Next time you wish to do an RTF file, You will have to do
this again, until you register and obtain your own, permanent password. This is
meant as an inducement to Register the program, while allowing full access to
the program's features for those trying it out.
- Thank you for taking the time
and trouble to participate. We hope that you will make many fine contacts
through this listing. Please update us every few months!
Mahoning Valley Genealogical Services